Kyambura Gorge Lodge
Kyambura Gorge Lodge by volcanoes
This eclectic safari lodge, fully upgraded during 2018 and 2019 with entirely remodelled public areas and gardens, has been converted from an old coffee store to create a breathtakingly beautiful space. The Kyambura Gorge Lodge is located on the edge of Queen Elizabeth National Park with sweeping views of the rolling savanna, the distant mountains of the moon, and the sunken Kyambura Gorge.
The guest bandas at Kyambura Gorge Lodge have a afro-chic theme with the accent on local artifacts re-imagined in a new context. Each banda offers a unique view either across the savanna or the gorge. Four new deluxe bandas were launched in June 2019. A new spa and swimming pool was launched in 2019.
The lodge is the ideal location for tracking the lost chimps in the sunken forest of Kyambura Gorge nearby and seeing the amazing game in one of Africa’s most beautiful and varied parks, centred around the waterway of the Kazinga Channel where animals come to bathe. The park has six hundred amazing bird species, the highest in an African park.
We launched the Kyambura Gorge Eco-tourism project in February 2019, a series of community and conservation activities developed since 2009 to safeguard the Kyambura Gorge ecosystem.
New walking safaris have been created around the lodge to experience the dramatic landscapes of Kyambura gorge and the Queen Elizabeth savannah, and visit a reclaimed wetland. Guests can walk along the Kyambura gorge buffer zone we have created to protect the fragile ecosystem from encroachment and contribute to its long-term conservation project by planting a seedling.
- Direct private footpath to chimpanzee trekking at Kyambura Gorge
- Community and Conservation projects
- Eight unique luxury bandas, reflecting the local building style (four deluxe bandas and four standard bandas).
- Personal butler service for all guests.
- All bandas have indoor and outdoor showers.
- Bandas have mosquito nets, 240v lighting, charging stations and a private balcony.
- Bandas are individually named after the Kyambura Gorge chimpanzees.
- Swimming pool and new spa.
- 1 guide cottage available.
- Wi-Fi is available in the main lodge building.
- Premium wine, whisky, and cocktail menus.