Uganda Birding and Wildlife Tour – 17 amazing days
Uganda Birding and Wildlife Tour – 17 Days/16 nights
This Uganda Birding and Wildlife Tour starts and ends in Entebbe on the shores of Lake Victoria. Upon arrival you will be picked from the Airport by your driver and guide and taken to your hotel for an overnight stay depending on your arrival time.
Some of our routes on the Uganda Birding and Wildlife Tour connecting to sites are long with a few smooth tarmac/sealed roads. (some still under construction ) They are sometimes bumpy and dusty/muddy taking you through a patchwork of Uganda’s scenic areas passing through many villages and streets plus isolated pockets of woodland, tropical rain forests, papyrus swamps, farmlands and captivating hilly landscapes. These are particularly in the south western part of the country. It is important to note that all the routes and trails in Ugandan National Parks are not tarmacked/sealed.
Although we shall do our best to adhere to the schedule below, this Uganda Birding tour itinerary is subject to change for numerous reasons beyond our control; including flight schedule changes or delays, participants logistical issues, weather, road or trail condition.
Destinations visited on Uganda Birding and Wildlife Tour
This particular Uganda Birding and Wildlife Tour takes you to some of the country’s finest and most diverse birding sites;
The only reliable location for the mighty Shoebill in the whole of Africa.
Lake Mburo National Park
A small National Park boasting a multitude of habitats and species including the African finfoot.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park– Famous for the world’s endangered Mountain Gorillas and a high number of Albertine Rift endemics.
Queen Elizabeth National Park – Has a higher biodiversity rating than any other Natural Reserve in Africa and is famous for its tree climbing Lions.
Kibale National Park – has the highest concentration of primates in Africa, including Chimpanzees, and offers the best birding and is the only reliable site for the Green-breasted Pitta.
Budongo Forest – Providing prime forest birding.
Murchison Falls National Park– the largest National Park in Uganda hosting the Murchison Falls along the Victoria River Nile. The falls at Murchison represent one of the most powerful water surges on the planet.
Kidepo Valley – Uganda’s most spectacular Park is known for its abundance of wildlife and is infrequently visited due to its remote location. Generally the Uganda Birding tour will cover a multitude of habitats from lush rainforests, wild savannah, dry acacia and wetlands, some with papyrus reed beds and others with open water. This tour will likely give a chance to see more than 375 species of birds and a very impressive list of mammals.
Uganda Birding and Wildlife Tour brief itinerary:
- Day One, Arrival in Entebbe
- Day Two, Mabamba Wetland and Lake Mburo National Park
- Day Three Birding in Lake Mburo
- Day Four, Journey and Birding to Bwindi-Buhoma
- Day Five, Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi
- Day Six, Birding on the Buhoma main trail.
- Day Seven, Driving to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day Eight, Game drive in Queen Elizabeth and boat cruise at Kazinga Channel
- Day Nine, Birding to Kibale National Park
- Day Ten, Chimpanzee Tracking
- Day Eleven, Travel to Budongo forest
- Day Twelve, Birding in Budongo Forest
- Day Thirteen, Birding in Murchison Falls
- Day Fourteen, Driving to the Kidepo Valley National Park
- Day Fifteen, Birding Kidepo Valley
- Day Sixteen, Birding and General wildlife in the Narus Valley.
- Day Seventeen, Cultural encounter,Game drive and birding
- Travel Planning: You are responsible for arranging your international flights to and from Entebbe, Uganda. Plan to arrive in Entebbe by evening before scheduled safari start date. Schedule flight departures from Entebbe for after 6 pm.
- Uganda requires a Tourist Visa prior to traveling, available online at a cost of $50.00. Travelers to Uganda must provide proof of Yellow Fever Vaccination when applying for a visa. There is a Yellow Fever Exemption, age-based, available from your medical provider, this must be shown upon entry to the country. Yellow Fever vaccinations are valid for life.
PRICE PER PERSON SHARING IN USD (MODERATE ACCOMMODATION):
1 PERSON = 10491
2 PEOPLE = 7407
3 PEOPLE = 6597
4 PEOPLE = 6192
5 PEOPLE = 5949
Single room supplement = US$655 (Does not apply to one person price)